● According to many research studies, obesity is a complex disease involving an excessive amount of body fat.
● Obesity isn't just a cosmetic concern. It's a medical problem that increases the risk of other diseases and health problems, such as heart disease, diabetes, high blood pressure and certain cancers.
● Difficulty sleeping
● Sleep apnoea, daytime drowsiness
● Back and/or joint pains
● Excessive sweating
● Intolerance to heat
● Infections in skin folds
● Feeling of shortness of breath (dyspnoea).
Treatments with Contrave and Ozempic:
Weight Loss with Contrave and Ozempic (Semaglutide) MUST NOT BE PREGNANT.
● Contrave and Ozempic are FDA approved that proved safe weight loss with lifestyle changes. Ozempic is sold under WEGOVY or SEMAGLUTIDE. The amount of weight loss varies, but on average, people lose 5% to 10% of their starting weight combined with lifestyle changes according to clinical trials.
● Wegovy works by mimicking a hormone called glucagon-like peptide-1 (GLP-1) that targets areas of the brain that regulate appetite and food intake. The medication dose must be increased gradually over 16 to 20 weeks to 2.4 mg once weekly to reduce gastrointestinal side effects according to the FDA.
● Contrave works on parts of your brain responsible for appetite control and the reward system to manage your food cravings.
*You are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit www.fda.gov/medwatch or call 1-800-FDA-1088.
● The most common side effects reported with CONTRAVE and OZEMPIC include nausea, constipation, headache, vomiting, dizziness, trouble sleeping (insomnia), dry mouth, and diarrhea. Wegovy is an injection, watch for site infection and use proper aseptic techniques to prevent skin infection which can be fatal if left untreated.
● CONTRAVE is contraindicated in: uncontrolled hypertension; seizure disorder or a history of seizures; use of other bupropion-containing products; bulimia or anorexia nervosa, which increase the risk for seizure; chronic opioid or opiate agonist (eg, methadone) or partial agonist (eg, buprenorphine) use, or acute opiate.
● You should Not be taken Wegovy if you have these health issues: Diabetic retinopathy, a type of damage to the eye from diabetes or low blood sugar, disease of the gallbladder, acute inflammation of the pancreas, decreased kidney function, medullary thyroid cancer, multiple endocrine neoplasia type 2, or family history of medullary thyroid carcinoma.
https://www.fda.gov/news-events/press-announcements/fda-approves-new-drug-treatment-chro nic- weight-management-first-2014